Click any image to view larger.
Welcome to BNC CataList. This Quick Start Guide will tell you how to get set up and use the system’s key features. Before you can get started with CataList, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a free library account. If you have further questions after reading this guide, you can consult the full CataList Help Manual.
Log in to your account
Find and view catalogues or titles
There are several ways to find and view catalogues:
- Browse for recent catalogues or a list of participating publishers on the Home Page
- Search for catalogue names directly using the Quick Search bar in the main banner. Ensure "Catalogues" is chosen from the drop down.
- Visit Publishers' pages (using the left-hand box) to find publisher-specific catalogues.
Finding specific titles
Using Quick Search, choose "Books" from the drop down menu and type in a title, author, ISBN, keyword, or series name. Results will display by newest publication date as a default. This can be readjusted to display based alphabetically by author or title.
You can further refine your search using filters, including but not limited to: subject, price, and even contributor location. You can also switch to catalogue search using the same terms by clicking the button in the upper right-hand corner.
Find title information
- Click the publisher logo to jump to their publisher page.
- Navigate to the Thumbnail, Scroll, or Grid views of the full catalogue, create a PDF of the page or email a link.
- Enter text to find matches in the current catalogue. Click the desired match to go to the title detail page.
- If you are using the order functionality, you can start or select an order here. Once opened, your current order details will be displayed in this location.
- Canadian contributors are marked with a maple leaf for easy identification.
- Bibliographic data details for the title including subject, publication date, price, audience range, page count, dimensions and illustration details.
- Details of award nominations and wins.
- Actions to take on this title, including adding it to a custom catalogue, requesting reading copies and casting a vote for Loan Stars.
- Additional text content for the title, as available. Click through the tabs to read more detailed information.
- Click for a gallery of related images such as interiors, and view embedded video.
- See other formats of the same work.
- View sales rights details.
- View supply details, including carton quantities.
- View the list of comparable titles and click on any linked ISBNs to get more details on that item. SalesData subscribers can also view sales history for each comp title.
- Navigate page-by-page or jump to a specific page.
- Enter or edit order quantities, when working in an order.
- Jot down notes for your own reference, view notes shared to you and add notes to share with others.
- Click on any title or cover to see more information for related titles.
Set your personal account preferences
Click on the gears icon in the top-right menu bar, and select Settings.
Under Personal Settings, select your change notification and email preferences. Learn more about change notifications here.
Opt-in to the CataList Directory. The directory allows other CataList users to share notes and catalogues with you directly. CataList only ever shares your name and library affiliation. Your email address and other contact information are never shared.
Click on the Save button to save your preferences.
Set up your account
If you are the primary contact for your account, you have additional set-up options. From your Settings page, select the Administration tab. If you do not see this option and need to access the set-up controls, contact us at email@example.com to upgrade your access.
Add or edit ordering locations
Each account by default has a single location set up. Click on the Add a Branch button to add more locations to your account. Each branch will be given its own order box in CataList.
Once your list has been built, you can edit any branch listing by clicking the Edit button in the table.
Upload a logo image for your company. We will attach this logo to any custom catalogues your account users create.
Manage your account users
Set up new users in your account by clicking the Add a User button that appears beneath the User List.
Manage each user’s access and user type by clicking the Edit icon in the Actions column. For more information about user types, read about access levels in the CataList Help Manual.
Manage order quantities.
Click on the Start New Order button (cart icon in the toolbar) to begin a new order.
On every Title Detail page, there is an Orders box to the right of the bibliographic data. Click on the box to reveal order boxes for your active locations.
Enter or edit order quantities in those boxes. These will be saved automatically as you work.
View all your orders by clicking on My Orders in the main navigation bar.
View and export orders
View all your orders by clicking on My Orders in the top-right menu.
Filter the list of orders that display to your own orders only or all company orders.
View or edit an order
To view an order, click on its name in the My Orders list.
Add or edit order quantities for titles by individual locations or add new ISBNs directly to the order
Add or edit order details such as purchase order number, sales rep or promotion codes.
Export your order in Excel, CSV or MARC format and submit them to your vendors. Completed orders can be closed.
Looking for more information? Find it here: