The Multiple ISBN Report gives users three options to base search criteria on. You can use a list of ISBNs to search, use the title/subtitle/series name, or you can use the author/contributor name. To select one of these options for your report, select the appropriate tab and fill out the criteria in that page. The first box in all three tabs will change based on which one you are in, but the remainder of the fields are exactly the same.
Use List of ISBNs
Use this text box to enter multiple ISBNs that you want to look at. Copy and paste a list of ISBNs from Excel or type them in. All ISBNs should be separated by either a comma or a line break. If you enter more than 30,000 ISBNs you will not be able to run the report and the system will ask you to download the report instead. Selecting Retain ISBN order will keep the report rows in the same order you have entered the ISBNs.
Use Searchable Criteria
The searchable criteria options allow you to specify the criteria for the ISBNs you want to return in the report results. If you enter partial information you will get back any information that includes what you have entered. It is recommended to be specific if you are looking for specific results.
You can specify many of these attributes in combination - for example, selecting subjects and publishers, or an author and pub date range.
There are two ways you can compare this data. By markets allows you to select multiple markets but only a single reporting period. Over time allows you to select a single market but multiple reporting periods.
The default setting for markets is All Markets. Use the checkboxes in select a market to change your selection, or to add more. You can also use the select all checkbox above the box. To deselect a market, use the X on the corner of each choice in the right column, or uncheck the checkbox. Markets will appear in columns on your results page unless you choose by time in the next section, in which case it will appear in the rows.
The Reporting Period section allows you to choose custom reporting periods by using the calendars to set specific dates. Alternatively, you can click the drop-down menu and choose one of the preset options for reporting periods such as the most recent week, last 13 weeks, last 26 weeks, last 52 weeks, year to date, or lifetime.
The default setting for select a market is All Markets. To choose a different market, click the arrow to open the drop-down menu. Any market that you have peer access to will appear in the drop-down menu.
Reporting period allows you to select which time period you would like to see results for:
- Initial weeks from date of first sale: Calculates 8 and 13 weeks of data since each ISBN's first recorded sale in the system
- Initial weeks from pub. date: Calculates 8 and 13 weeks of data since each ISBN's published date or date of first recorded sale in the market if the published date is prior to market start date
- Snapshot: Gives you a report with preset columns showing the selected week, previous week, year to date, last year to date, last year, and 2 years previous. You are given the option here to choose the week ending date for that data.
- The week-ending date you select informs the "end week" for Year to Date.
- Consecutive Weeks/Months/Qs: Allows you to choose reporting intervals to appear in the columns, either weeks, months, or quarters. You may choose the ending date, and the number of weeks/months/quarters to display.
- Year over year: Allows you to see the same reporting interval over the past ten years. Each year's data is displayed in a separate column. Here you can choose to see data from the same month, quarter, year-to-date, or year over the last ten years. You will be given an option to specify which month, quarter, or year to use.
Rank Results With
Here you can select which value you want to use to rank the results data. You can choose to rank the resulting list of titles according to units sold, value sold, or on hand units simply by clicking one of the options.
Here you can choose to limit the rows that appear on the results table. However, if you choose 30,000 rows or higher you will be prompted to download the report and will be unable to run it as usual.
Watch our tutorial video to learn how to build a Multiple ISBN Report:
Learn more about the Multiple ISBN Report Results here.