The LibraryData home page gives you a snapshot of the week’s circulation activity and connects you to LibraryData's powerful reporting features. The basics of the home page are covered below. For more detailed information about how to use each element, follow the links provided.
(1) Data View Selectors
Allows you to select your group (if your account has multiple groups).
(2) SalesData Reports
You'll see this section of the sidebar if you have access to SalesData. Clicking here will allow you to select one of SalesData's report types.
- Popular Books: Create and run a Popular Books Report.
- Book Activity: Create and run a Book Activity Report.
- Collections Gaps: Create and run a Collection Gaps: Compare to Library or Collection Gaps: Compare to Sales Report.
- Bestseller Circ: Create and Run a Bestseller Circ Report.*
- Trend Analysis: Create and run a Trend Analysis Report.
- My Reports: View your saved reports, as well as any reports shared with you. Learn more on the My Reports page.
- Library List: View all the Libraries who are participating in BNC LibraryData (i.e., contributing data weekly to the service).
- Help: View the LibraryData User Manual.
- Contact: Use this form to contact the LibraryData team with technical issues, questions, or comments. Learn more on the Contact page.
*the Bestseller Circ report is not available if your account does not have access to SalesData.
(4) Logged in as... Bar
Clicking on the "gears" icon opens the following options.
- Settings: View your account information, change your password, set your preferred library aggregates, and update your mailing list subscription settings. Learn more on the Settings(LINK) page.
- Log Out: Log out of LibraryData.
(5) Preferred Aggregate and Reporting Period Selector
This toolbar allows you to control the data you view in the graphs below by selecting a library aggregate from your preferred aggregates, and the time period covered. You can select new preferred aggregates to appear here in the Settings page.
(6) Circulation Data Over Time Graph
This graph provides a visual representation of the loans, holds, and renewals data over time in the Library Aggregate you've selected.
(7) Top Subjects Graph
The top subjects graph shows the loans for each of the top 10 subjects in the selected library aggregate.
(8) Loan Share Pie Graph
The Loan Share graph shows the % of loans for the selected time period and selected Library Aggregate in each of the main subject areas: Fiction, Non-fiction, Juvenile, and YA, and No Subject.
(9) Quick Search
Type any author, book title, subtitle, series name, or ISBN into the quick search to retrieve results based on their loan performance.
(10) Recently Run Saved Reports
The Recently Run Saved Reports module allows you to access the most recent reports you have saved, or those shared with you by others. To view a report, click its title. Select "View more reports" to go to your My Reports page where you will find a full list of all reports saved or shared with you. Learn more about the My Reports page.
(11) Research Portal
Read or download the featured research report, purchase a copy of The Canadian Book Market (CBM), or access the Research Portal for exclusive, subscriber-only research on sales trends, consumer habits, literary awards, and more.
Back to Help Manual