On this page, you will learn about the contents of the "Home" page, accessed upon logging in at www.bncpubfight.ca:
The League Summary section displays information about your league:
- the name of the current league being displayed (if you are a member of more than one league, you may view the details and enter game play for another league by selecting it from the drop-down menu); and
- the rank of participants in your league, with the following information about their publishing houses:
- their avatar;
- their publishing house's name; and
- the quote employed as their house's tagline
The Participant Summary section displays:
- your publishing house's name;
- the quote employed as your house's tagline;
- your house's strategy; and
- your league's information, including:
- your ranking in your league, based on "net profit" (calculation explained below);
- your league's start and end dates;
- the date of the last SalesData import with the latest batch of sales information (aggregated market data is imported once per week, usually on Thursdays, and is subject to the availability of data from SalesData-contributing retailers);
- the date of the next print run, or the deadline for "pending" print run requests to be submitted/cancelled; and
- the date of the next SalesData import with the next batch of sales information.
The League Rankings section provides a detailed display of cumulative statistics (across all weeks to-date of game play) for the participating publishing houses in your league. Table data includes:
- the total units sold across all titles;
- the gross sales across all titles (a calculation derived from the multiplication of total units sold by the list price as displayed in SalesData when the data was imported at the start of the game);
- the print cost across all titles;
- the cost of the advances paid to authors across all titles; and
- the net profit across all titles (a calculation derived from the subtraction of the cost of advances and printing from the gross sales, less a 50% margin of the gross sales).
As the name of the game in PubFight is to earn out your printing and advances to make a profit, participants are ranked based on their net profit across all titles. Therefore, the top-ranked participant will always be behind by $0.00 and the total behind is ranked according to a participant's net profit performance compared to the top-ranked participant.
Note: you can sort by any of the columns in this table by clicking on the title once (ascending order) or twice (descending order).
Just below League Rankings, you’ll see the Title Summary section. This table displays the titles your publishing house won during your Fakefurt auction. By default, you will see your own titles in this table: clicking on the pictures or publisher names in the League Summary section will allow you to see titles for other publishers in your league. Table data for each title includes:
- title, author, and ISBN bibliographic information (as displayed in SalesData when the data was imported at the start of the game);
- Trade league participants with access to SalesData may click on a title's linked ISBN to be directed to the SalesData Title/ISBN Report for that particular title
- the number of units sold this week (in the most recent week's sales data import);
- the number of units sold last week (in the previous week's sales data import);
- YTD Sales, or the total units sold since the league began;
- the number of units on-hand (OH), or currently in stock;
- the total net profit (a calculation derived from the subtraction of the cost of advances and printing from the gross sales, less a 50% margin of the gross sales); and
- whether or not you are currently reprinting a title (have submitted a print run for the title that has not yet been delivered).
The Title Summary is automatically sorted in descending order according to Net Profit. To sort by any other column, click the title once. The column’s values will automatically be sorted in ascending order. To sort in descending order, click the title two times in a row.